The Wireless LAN Solution for SMB
The Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 1200 is Ruckus’ centrally managed Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) system developed specifically for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs).
With simplicity and ease of use in mind, the Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 is purpose-built to address the gap between standalone, feature-deficient access points (APs) that must be individually managed and the costly, complex highend enterprise systems that are overkill for most small business environments.
The ZoneDirector 1200 is also perfect for businesses who want to offer services such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video, secure enterprise access and tiered Wi-Fi services in venues such as hotels, airports, schools and public buildings.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network
Easy to Deploy and Manage
- Seamlessly integrates with existing network, security, and authentication infrastructure
- Automatically discovers and configures ZoneFlex APs, which become instantly manageable
- Dynamic RF controls over transmit power and channel assignments
- Supports 256 WLANs mapped to specific APs or VLANs
- Is easily configured in minutes through point-and-click web-based wizard
- Customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems
Product Ordering Information
|901-1205-UK00||ZoneDirector 1205 supporting up to 5 ZoneFlex AP|
|909-0001-ZD12||ZoneDirector 1200 Single AP License Upgrade
Max orderable upgrade license quantity is 70